to the Northwest Metro Chapter of the
Georgia Nurses Association
The Northwest Metro Chapter has a long and proud history. We are continuously recognized for our involvement in issues related to the profession of nursing. We hope our website provides you with information you will need to become more aware of our Chapter and the many options open to you for involvement in our Chapter.
The Chapter meets the second Tuesday of every other month from September through May. We make every effort to provide CEUs for each program we offer and for our educational workshops that are held once or twice per year.
We utilize several means to communicate with our members about upcoming Chapter and community events and other valuable information.
Chapter web address: www.ganmc.org
Chapter email address: email@example.com
Chapter FaceBook address: www.facebook.com/NorthwestMetroChapterOfGeorgiaNursesAssociation
If you prefer to receive communications via the U.S. postal service, please let us know and we’ll be glad to mail you information.
Another perk of membership are the ANA (www.nursingworld.org) and GNA (www.georgianurses.org) list serves. They are excellent sources of current information.
We hope you will discover you have truly found a professional home with our Chapter. Our members come from all areas of nursing practice and have a common love for our profession and commitment to excellence in nursing care and nursing outcomes.
Northwest Metro Chapter Georgia Nurses Association
The Northwest Metro Chapter of GNA is excited to announce our participation in a very important community project. Each of you has a wonderful opportunity to help make someone’s holiday brighter by either volunteering your time or making a donation. Here’s how!
On Saturday December 14th, our Chapter is seeking many volunteers to help sort, wrap, and label hundreds of Christmas gifts for the Cobb/Douglas Community Services Board (CSB). This CSB is a public agency that provides services for mentally challenged adults. The gifts are for the CSB’s clients and family members. These donated gifts may be the only ones they receive, so we want to help out as much as possible!
There are two ways you can help. You can donate gifts and/or help wrap gifts on December 14th. See below for specific details of each.
- For cash donations, you can mail a check made out to NMCGNA to Michael Garrett, 2360 Holly Ridge Drive, Marietta, GA 30060 OR you can donate via our PayPal account which is named firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For other donations, contact Joyce McMurrain at 770-316-4774 or at email@example.com.
- Deadline to make donations: Tuesday December 3rd
VOLUNTEER TO WRAP GIFTS
- WHEN: Saturday December 14, 2013 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Note: You do not have to work the entire shift. Just let us know what hours you are available.)
- WHERE: Cobb/Douglas Adult Mental Health Center, 6133 Love Street, Austell, GA 30168
- WHAT TO BRING: Wrapping supplies such as paper, scissors, tape, Christmas cards, gift tags, bows, gift boxes, etc.
- DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP: Tuesday December 3rd (email Joyce McMurrain at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachel Myers at email@example.com)
We have already had several people volunteer for Dec. 14th, but we need many more. The more who can serve, the less time we will need to complete this wonderful project, so come be Santa’s Helper!
Our Chapter is very excited about participating in this special project. Please help us give back to the community by volunteering your time and/or making a donation. We need to hear from you NO LATER THAN Tuesday December 3rd so we can let the CSB know how many donations we have received and how many helpers will be coming on the 14th.
Thank you in advance for helping to make this volunteer project a huge success by enriching the lives of those in need!